Non-skid

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with durabak and hydro-turf. Durabak was hard to work with!

https://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee471/TTSam/P1000630.jpg

I used the Tuff Coat from Overtons. Really great stuff. It does require a primer, and some patience. While I am happy with my results I will say that I will never use it again......because unless you already have all the rollers, tape, mixer, pans, etc. You will be cheaper to just go to a LINEX dealer and have it sprayed.

I also used the StyxRiver Neo mat. I do recommend it. Its awesome and feels great on the feet. Unlike Hydro turf you do not need to glue it down on the floor. It's own weight holds it down. But its not that heavy. A 5X3 section is 10lbs. I got a 5X9 section and the shipping weight was 27Lbs. I just leave it in the boat but if I need to pull it out to clean its very easy.

If you are going to use it on the front or rear casting decks you may want to secure it to the deck. Just becuase they say you don't need to glue it down doesn't mean it wont fly off going 80mph.

It is 1/2 thick neoprene.

I used porch non skid paint from the big box stores on the wooden floors and benches. So far so good and kind enough on the bottom of bare feet. :lol:

nomowork said:
I used porch non skid paint from the big box stores on the wooden floors and benches. So far so good and kind enough on the bottom of bare feet. :lol:

I did similiar on my starcraft:

Starcraft2h.jpg

I do minor touch-up on the paint each spring. It washes down real easy. I get allot of mud in the boat in early spring and late fall. It drys and becomes a minor dust storm at wot. ;)

I have been looking at different floor coverings for my next project. I am leaning toward painted applications vs layered. I don't like the idea of water wicking between the layers with plywood decking. I may end up with alum, so would make that moot.

reedjj said:
I used the Tuff Coat from Overtons. Really great stuff. It does require a primer, and some patience. While I am happy with my results I will say that I will never use it again......because unless you already have all the rollers, tape, mixer, pans, etc. You will be cheaper to just go to a LINEX dealer and have it sprayed.
+1 ROLL ON THE PRIMER ANS SHOOT THE COATING OUT OF A UNDERCOATING GUN PRETTY SIMPLE I THOUGHT, BUT VERY HAPPT WITH THE RESULTS

I just used non skid tape like griptape. Then painted over it. My floor is aluminum. Works great with or without shoes on.

The product I chose for the non-skid coating on my ride was largely directed by un-spent Cabela's points accumulate by paying for business trips with a Cabela's Visa:

TuffCoat.jpg

After working with this stuff and seeing the finished product all I can do is give it two huge thumbs up. It was tough to stir due to the high concentration of rubber non-slip grit in it...but that is a good thing.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

I raked on it with fingernails after it was cured and I could not get the little rubber nubbies to come up. Walking on it with bare feet was not painful. If it lasts a few years it will be well worth the cashed in points.

This is what it looks like installed in the boat:

DSC_0503.jpg

Latest posts