Crossover Boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
Straight to the point: I am looking for a boat narrower than a jon/rowboat boat with a V-Hull front but wider & more stable than a canoe for the river I mentioned in a previous post. Is there such a thing as a row boat canoe crossover boat? Not interested in a Drift Boat (from what I've seen can't really put a motor on one). I already know about Whitehall Skiffs. I was looking for something similar but in aluminum. Also, can you stand up to fish in one of those Whitehall Skiffs & can it handle a small outboard motor? A 4' wide jon boat won't fit in the back of my S-10 pickup with a 6' bed (cap too) & most aluminum rowboats are also too wide & too heavy to carry solo for a distance (no public launch or beach). Thanks in advance

It's not tin but this fits your description:

https://www.gheenoe.net/

P.S. - I grew up in Flint and my folks still live in Flushing. I'm outside of Boston these days.

Go Fish said:
It's not tin but this fits your description:

https://www.gheenoe.net/

P.S. - I grew up in Flint and my folks still live in Flushing. I'm outside of Boston these days.

:beer: Cool!
Sir I think you MAY have just solved all my fishing needs (river & lakes). The Deluxe Gheenoe with a possible jet
outboard. :-k Now the only question that remains is cost? 8-[

If it has to be tin, a 1032 may fit the bill. Its a wee bit more stable than a canoe but standing to fish would still be a chore. If you can do without it being a tin boat, I used to haul a 10' Pelican around in my S-10. I loved that little boat!! It comes in an 8' model as well if you have to be able to pick it up your self. I could drag my 10 footer around by myself but dragging it very much would damage it pretty good. A cart would make it very easy to haul around alone though.

Like these guys said "gheenoe" was the first thing that popped into my head...BassBlaster may be onto something too, Check out those plastic "Pelican" boats...I believe you could also find a plastic dinghy that would fit in the back of your truck too..

The little pelican boats are great but I strongly recommend you go for the 10 footer if you fish with another person. Early this summer I did a fishing tournament in my 8 foot pelican with a buddy. I put it up for sale that night and bought my 1542 for a few hundred more dollars. Not being able to move made the little boat uncomfortable after the 4 hour mark. I would go 1236 if I were you. If you go plastic shoot for a 10 foot you will appreciate the extra 2 feet.

Flatbotm said:
The little pelican boats are great but I strongly recommend you go for the 10 footer if you fish with another person. Early this summer I did a fishing tournament in my 8 foot pelican with a buddy. I put it up for sale that night and bought my 1542 for a few hundred more dollars. Not being able to move made the little boat uncomfortable after the 4 hour mark. I would go 1236 if I were you. If you go plastic shoot for a 10 foot you will appreciate the extra 2 feet.
I agre. I thought my little 10 footer was the perfect little boat untill I fished a crappie tourny in it. It was tight and got a little unconfy toward the end of the tourny. Definately not the best choice for an all day excursion with a buddy. For a few hour trip or alone it was perfect!!

Go with the Gheenoe. They make a 13footer that will get up on plane with a 5hp. And while they look like a canoe they are faaaar from it. They are almost untipable. You can stand on the side rail of one and it wont go over.re

They are very popular here in FL, Mainly because they are made in Titusville. But also because they run super shallow and go real good through the small creeks and airboat trails in the swamps and the everglades. They are stable enough for use on lakes and in open water too.

The bigger models are fitted with Center consoles and poling platforms and used for fishing the flats. They refer to them as MicroSkiffs. https://www.customgheenoe.com has a lot of options available if you do decide to get one.

I sold mine just before starting my "swampsled" build!

They are also waaay underrated for HP. I had the 15'4 high side with a 8hp merc 2stroke. She would scoot along at near 18mph. It was rated for 10hp. Im sure it would have hit at least 20mph with a 9.9hp. There are a ton of videos on youtube of guys that swap out 9.9 carbs with 15 carbs and fly! I have seen guys with the same boat rigged with a jackplate and 25hp!

Cant say enough good stuff about the Gheenoe! American owned and operated too. A Family business!

Latest posts