New boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humdi

Reaction score
So I've decided to forego the craigslist and used boat route and since it is within my budget, get a new boat.
One google search and my choice was alumacraft and 1442 is the widest and longest I can get without going over budget. The plan is to fish the reservoir with my 6 yr daughter, sometimes with a buddy, and maybe ride around with my wife.
I'm getting a price of 1500 all in but dealer wouldn't match ed's marina. Also refuses to deliver when 2 weeks ago he was willing for a smaller fee. Unfortunately he's the only authorized dealer so he doesn't have much competition.
I am also considering a 1444 alweld. There are 2 dealers and i have to check on availability.

Any thoughts on this from other owners?

humdi, not sure where you are located, but A.K. McCallum in Fayettville NC shows a basic Alumacraft 1442 for 1399. They also give tax breaks if you purchase boat motor and trailer at same time. Check out their web sight www.akmccallum.com. good luck shopping.

Yes, gas is cheaper than BS. I'd call or email around 100 miles or more or email the customer service from the boat companies. Amazing the results the manufacturer can come up with. Try to go 1448, even if you have to save up a bit more for it. Wider really is better.

Jamie

I thought my profile had my location, but I live in md. 3 dealers and port side marine is only a few dollars more then f&s marine and ed's marine that are 3 hour drives. Even cheaper then the mccallums in nc.
I have weights restrictions since it'll be tied to reservoir I'm gonna be dragging it in and out Of water alone most of the time. I assumed the 260 lbs 1448 might take the fun out of the whole thing. I wouldn't mind dishing out a bit more for a 1542 if that makes I better. It weighs same as 1442.

Do what you gotta do but I vote for an older hull (80's or 90's) if you can find a wider one and a brand new motor. I'm looking as well and am not impressed with the new hulls compared to my old '87 LOWE 1448 which weighs in at 200lbs.
JMHO

i bit the bullet and decided to go with portside marine and their alumacraft 1442.
turns out Tom is actually a nice guy and i'm the over negotiator. he showed me that and 1448. the weight on the 1448 was too much and i decided to stick to the 1442. he installed the oar locks, gave me discounts on all the accessories i wanted and sent me on my way.
the 18$ baltimore toll was crap but i had a dual axle trailer from uhaul. that really hurt.
been happy with the boat but i've only tried it once. thank you Irene!
1442 is defnitely a blessing. kids and i were standing on it. no problem. i even cast standing and it was good.
now the list of things i want installed on it is growing which is pissing off the wife.
oh well.

Latest posts