Bow Eye Damaged

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckmechanic

Reaction score
I have asked this question on another forum aslo but the people around here are very helpful when it comes to fixing/ customizing projects so I am hoping to get some suggestions. Here is what I have:

On my 1984 Monark the bow eye has pushed through the hull. It hasn't left a large hole just the size of the eye. I am tryng to find the best way to repair this. Nothting seems to be rotten around the area, looks like it has just taken one to many hits over it 30yr life.

I was thinking of getting some stainless plate, Cutting two pieces slightly large that the area where the eye mounts, Forming them to the hull and using one on the outside and one on the inside to spread the pressure over a larger area. Any ideas?

I will post some pics as soon as I cn get outside to take them. Any help will be greatly appreiciated.

100_1273.jpg

100_1272.jpg

100_1275.jpg

If it were mine I would form a plate on the outside to the bow contour. Weld an eye to the center and bolt through four corners with ss hardware and silicone or 5200 between plate and hull.