Amazing phone call last night!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I get a call from the dealer where I bought my boat and he says he has a letter from the factory about some warranty work for my boat.

He mentions a rivet and water in the bottom. First thing I think is it is some kind of generic recall on tracker boats and he wants to just check it because mine is welded.

Well we talk some more and I say my boat is welded no rivets and then he reads off what the factory has put in the letter and it turns out that it was from a survey from probably 1.5 - 2 months ago that I received and sent back that I had forgotten about.

One of the questions was about what you weren't happy about with your boat (or along those lines)
I had put in there that I didn't like it that I couldn't get all the water out of the boat even when on the trailer because of the position of the drain plug and the lip on it would leave 3/4 inch of water in the boat. (tipping way up on trailer would get most but still not all the water out)

The rivet was a missing floor rivet that makes a slight hump in the floor that makes a loud noise when you step on it but I had placed a deck box over it and considered problem solved.

Anyway the dealer says to bring it in and he'll get the rivet installed and redo the drain plug, reweld , reposition what ever it takes.

I'm pretty happy about the whole deal because I never expected anything to be done about these two items I just accepted them as the nature of the beast and was living with it.

Sounds like a good winter project for them when I'm not fishing in it.

My older Gregor has a drain hole where the tube sits higher than the floor of the hull. I can sort of understand the theory. If the drain tube was lower, it would protrude under the hull. Anyway, I drain as much water as it will allow and air dry or use an old towel to get the rest.

i use a wet vac to suck out the forward storage that holds water due to the foam flooring i laid in.i also vac out around my bilge because there is always a little water left over after pulling the plug.