Removable Transducer Setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishin'Fool

Reaction score
Just a few pics for some people that need an idea for a transducer setup that can be taken off while travel. It consists of some broom clips that you can buy at Wal-Mart, Stainless screws, and waterproof silicone to seal the spaces. Then get about a 12 inch piece of PVC pipe, and run your transducer wire up the pipe and into your boat.

Attachments

• 2011-09-05 13.33.18.jpg
    2011-09-05 13.33.18.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 763
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 763
i don't know why i didn't run the cable thru the aluminum pipe. it's held on with a c clamp.

Attachments

• IMG_2501_0005.jpg
    IMG_2501_0005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 681
bcbouy said:
it's a leftover piece from my mod. i cut down half of a gate hinge for the mount,and a ss bolt.cost me $0.00
$0.00 is always a good price. Mine cost me about $5.00 for the clips and waterproof silicone. Already had the PVC and electrical tape.

Heres mine:
transmod.jpg
Wire run inside pvc,with a flabbed peice of pvc that goes around the gunnel;stainless bolts fit into a receiver on my gunnel.
Can bring it up or down because I normally mount it in the bow.

my boats brand new and i can't bring myself to drill holes in it....yet. even my rod holders are mounted thru my oar lock holes. my downriggers are clamped on,so is my pro controll tm mount. my humminbird fish finder is also portable and runs off aa batts.

bcbouy said:
my boats brand new and i can't bring myself to drill holes in it....yet. even my rod holders are mounted thru my oar lock holes. my downriggers are clamped on,so is my pro controll tm mount. my humminbird fish finder is also portable and runs off aa batts.

Ah, I see. My first drilled hole in a transom was my fiberglass boat for the fish finder. That took a lot of courage and probably way too much of 5200, but it was a success. Since then I've also drilled holes for a bimini top, bow roller, nav lights, bow deck etc.

5200 is like liquid courage! :mrgreen:

Zum said:
Heres mine:

Wire run inside pvc,with a flabbed peice of pvc that goes around the gunnel;stainless bolts fit into a receiver on my gunnel.
Can bring it up or down because I normally mount it in the bow.
Love the camo!

nomowork said:
Okay, I have to ask, why removable?
Well mine is removable because i have a 10 foot, 2 man bass boat, with no trailer. So it is constantly getting pushed in and out of a truck bed. I was worried the transducer would catch on something, and rip right out of the hull. So during travel it comes out of the clips, and into my boat. Then at the launch, just pop it in, and your on your way.

Fishin'Fool said:
Well mine is removable because i have a 10 foot, 2 man bass boat, with no trailer. So it is constantly getting pushed in and out of a truck bed. I was worried the transducer would catch on something, and rip right out of the hull. So during travel it comes out of the clips, and into my boat. Then at the launch, just pop it in, and your on your way.

That makes sense. I could have used a set up like that on my fishing kayak, which I recently sold. Instead I had a floating fish finder with a tether.

Latest posts