Tracker 1232 with a Mercury 9.9?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekbiglou954

Reaction score
Ive been lurking lately and finally joined! Seems like everything on here is going good! Ive been into jon boats for a year but I want to get serious about it now! Ive recently acquired a tracker 1232 and I really want to run a Mercury 9.9. Do you guys think I will need a knee brace, I am thinking yea... If soo is there a way to make one but not have to weld anything? Or has anybody gotten away with mounting a 9.9 on something like this?

PS. Ill be making a legit thread later! This is just something Ive been thinking about! I dont want to ruin my transom. =)

Thanks!

I don't see why you couldn't fabricate a knee out of aluminum square and angle stock. Attach it from the transom to the back of the bench with through bolts on the transom, and self drilling/tapping screws to the back of the bench.

The knee could look something like this: [---------]

[ ] represents the angle stock.
-------- represents the square tube stock.

Hope this helps.

Tracker1436 said:
I don't see why you couldn't fabricate a knee out of aluminum square and angle stock. Attach it from the transom to the back of the bench with through bolts on the transom, and self drilling/tapping screws to the back of the bench.

The knee could look something like this: [---------]

[ ] represents the angle stock.
-------- represents the square tube stock.

Hope this helps.

Yea it helps! It gets me thinking! Thanks alot!

Your idea could save some weight I would just have to make sure it is leak proof!

Latest posts