Strays From the TIN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Well after my last couple builds/trades/purchases I've yet to land into another TIN. I've been missing you so I present a Plastic and Fiberglass money pit. :x

After selling my 16' Tin I purchased a used sams club special, Basshound 10.2. and used the rest to pay off my CC. Enjoyed it for two weeks or so.. Took it out during Tropical storm Lee. Handled well. Had built in livewell, nav lights, trolling sockets. Neat. I sold it at %50 profit margin and didn't look back. Don't recommend anyone buying one. Oddly enough the fella I sold it to sold me his boat. 13' Gheenoe Co. Put my 6hp I rebuilt on it. Much faster though very sketchy in wake or rough waters. It is currently for sale/trade on a Rib. Never owned one, would like the opportunity.

I picked up an 18hp Fastwin also, replaced impeller,rebuilt carb, and added a new fuel pump. So I've got my motor, now just waiting patiently on a new to me Tin. Almost bit on a new 1232 Lowe, but holding out for something wider. Called about a 12x44? When asking about HIN/REG guy said I was too particular and hung up... lol.

+1 for Ghetto gas tank. The 6gal wouldn't fit in the hound. Works dangerously well.

Attachments

• cge3.jpg
    cge3.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 549
  • 2324Evinrude.JPG
    2324Evinrude.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 549
  • qweqwee.jpg
    qweqwee.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 549
fender66 said:
That's quite a story. Should we be organizing an intervention? :LOL2:

I think I should be able to pull through. The 18hp sold yesterday, picked up another motor. Briggs 5hp. Another I don't recommend. Hopefully it and the Gheenoe will be gone by the weekend. Only a matter of time. There is a Johnson 33hp I'm looking at so I might go big to get into the bay. It will be a feat finding a big enough tin for that motor.

I fished out of a Pelican Predator DLX once on a small lake. I thought it was pretty decent and comfortable for its size. What didn't you like about the 10.2?

When you had a motor on the boat sitting in the back it would push the cav plate so low in the water it would barely be able to push the boat. I'm 175lbs. Leaning all your weight forward it would help tremendously though if you sat in the front using a tiller extension the cav plate would come out of the water. Adding another person up front, adding weight on the bow, or adjusting the tilt didn't help enough. It got to the point where it would have needed flotation pods. The RPM's would get higher and the boat wouldn't go any faster. For trolling it worked good.. getting across the lake or bay was painful.

The Gheenoe sold @ 27% profit margin. Pics of the briggs. Asking 17% up. Harder to sell than I thought..

From flipping small boats. From 11/10 - 9/11
14' w/ 18hp 50% for $400 Profit
16' Glastron 0% 0% Profit
12' CC w/ 5hp Remote 11% $100 Profit
12' Flat 0% 0 Profit
15' Flat & 3 motors/Trailer 34% $170 Profit
13' Wood & Trailer 66% $100 Profit
16' Flat 25% $300 Profit
10' Hound 50% $150 Profit
13' Gheenoe 27% $50 Profit
18hp Evin 37% $100 Profit

Total Invested $4645 , Total Profit $1370 for 29.5% Return. Largest amount invested at one time $1200.

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 401
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 401
  • b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 401