any input???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02gtvertible

Reaction score
I have been looking for a tin for quite some time. Ive been wanting a tracker or a close relative. i scan craigslist daily shopping for one and i ran across this. I would appreciate any input and or suggestions.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/2553939986.html

looks nice, take a mechanic and go for a ride in it. If it runs good cool, buy it.

That's cheap!

As far as the boat goes, that's a small boat if you are going to be fishing big water. If you are going to eb on small lakes and rivers it would be great.

Check the motor out. Compression test will tell you a lot about it's condition or just take it to a local mechanic that you trust and let them tell you about it.

Anything used is buyer beware which is why I bought the dirt cheapest one I could find. I knew I would be throwing money at it. B.O.A.T. :roll: JMHO.

Thats a pretty nice rig! Not going to win any races but it will get you there and look good doing it!

Like stated before even with out the motor I would be all over that rig! I wish I could find one with or without motor in an 18 foot or so I would be all over it!

Take it for a spin or atleast run the motor in water and see how it runs

I plan to take a compression tester to look at any boat. and i will take a ride in any boat i buy. However...this guy messaged me back, let me know he still had it, when i replied and asked for a few more pictures i got no reply...i asked if he had received my messages and he finnally replied and said "i think ill just keep it" man...dont put ya crap on craigslist if your not gonna sell it! Ticked me off....oh well the search continues i suppose.

Gad that happen a few times to me! Its a big crazy! Keep searching. I found mine as a package deal but asked the seller if he would sell without motor and he did. Its hit or miss for the most part

well i just woke up (i work 3rd shift) and i had a message from him "come and look at it if you want i may sell it soon" Brother man look im gonna be drivin 3 hours to look at this thing...im gonna have to be 99% sure im gonna take it home and i dang sure aint gonna come down there on "i may sell it"....people annoy me.

I had a guy tell me that for a trailer i was selling. I told him I could meet him half way since he lived 7 hours from me but I told him if im bringing my 32 foot trailer that far he best buy it. He got rude and told me that if I wanted to sell it i'd drive it any distance. Still got the trailer in my drive way.

People just dont know how to conduct themselves with a sale I swear!

I'd take $2k to help grease the wheels in that guys mind, the boat is worth around $3k here. Usually deals like that I don't even bother calling on because they sell within 10-20 minutes of listing.

Jamie

as bad as it sounds i think im gonna give it up on this cat. I cant get him to send anymore pictures...he doesnt reply to half my messages, and clearly isnt too awfully worried about getting rid of it. Ill just hold out for a tracker. Its what i wanted to start with.

Try searching a little further....I had a few trackers come up on my searches last night near jacksonville and in atlanta....just something to think about! There out there just keep looking

yea, i search anywhere from ky, tn, indiana, ohio, pretty well all my surounding states. Im quite picky though lol If i buy a tracker and spend the money i want it to be exactly what i want. The reason i was looking at the alumicraft was the price. I want a early 90's proteam 175 with atleast a 60 and would prefer a 70-75 hp motor.

people are a lot more likely to sell stuff, and give you a good deal, when you show up with cash in hand. i pretty much don't even ask any questions about stuff i am interested on craigslist other than "when can i come take a look at it?"
i know this may not be ideal if you live far away, but money talks

very muc understand where your coming from. but like you said its not ideal because majority of them are further away. I also have been having to work 7 days a week. therefore its hard for me to even get the time to go look at anything.

Yeah I understand. I had the same problem when I found my outboard. I was searching craigslist right after my flight lesson ended and it showed up on my phone. I called the guy and he said someone from ga was coming to look at it and I said I would come now to check it out since he told me that it was first come first serve. Showed up and he wanted a good price but I wanted better. Showed him my green backs and left with a motor(and boat also but sold the boat since I just needed the motor) for a great price.

I think if the boat you find is within 2 hours or so(one way) I would atleast take the amount of cash you want to pay for it and flash it alittle at the guy. Unless the guy doesn't want to sell at all he will usually bite and youll get a boat for a good price.

Try searching lowe and g3 also. Ive been seeing several of these come up lately. Also use different search names not just tracker. Try aluminum, jon, john, bass boat, etc in the search under the boats section.

Like with my outboard I typed in tiller and found nothing. I typed in aluminum and the boat with that motor popped up and within the ad it said a tiller. So it is weird sometimes....

Good luck and don't give up yet! I went through several boats and drove all over my state to find my rig

i search g3 havent tried many lowe searches. but in either case the g3's and the lowes that ive came up with are a just a touch out of my price range. Im looking to spend around 3k maybe 3500 for the right set up.

Latest posts