Front Flooring for a Mod V 1448 BigJon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKHunter

Reaction score
I have a Lowe 1448 Big Jon. I want to re-floor the front area but am having some trouble coming up with a design. As you can see form the photo, I bought it with a full deck. My 1st mod was to remove the full deck raise it, but shorten it to leave about 16 inches of "leg Room". I also made a hatch for storage. I have decided now I do not want a raised deck or if I do, then as low as possible to the floor as I Duck hunt out of this boat. I would like to keep the opening under the bow deck for access and storage. Also I do not want to extend the bow platform. I am going to use aluminum as the flooring. I may also remove the front bow seat base and move it to the floor.

I have reviewed the Mod site and while I see some ideas, most are flat botoms or use a raised deck. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.002.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 632
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 632
Have a sheet bent to match the angle of the ribs. I think Bugpac did it on his newest rig.

Latest posts