Kleen-strip or Aircraft remover?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOY BOAT

Reaction score
I bought some Kleen-strip paint remover and spread it on with a brush, but only some spots really stripped the paint, the other areas did not release the paint from the aluminum. I am not talking small spots, I am talking about a 1 foot spot that was coated heavily, yet did not remove the paint. So now I am thinking, should I have just gotten Aircraft remover? Does it work better? Any advice in using paint stripper to do the job would be great.

Bill

I have used aircraft remover with good results. Well I watched two teens use it as punishment for stealing a canoe and painting it. They were caught and to keep from getting charges pressed they weregiven aircraft remover to return it the way they found it. Worked well

I agree. The Aircraft Remover works much better. I found that the spray can acutally worked better than the liquid can. Make sure the alluminum is not too hot or it will sizzle and evaporate. Learned that the hard way!

I use Strypeeze. It's a gel that really clings. The chit really works.

Attachments

• STRYPEEZE.jpg
    STRYPEEZE.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 654
Thanks for the replies. I have used Kleen-strip in the past with good results, but not this time. #-o

Latest posts