throttle cable HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majkowskid

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a jet jon. i've utilized a yamaha xl700 engine, and mosy of the stock parts from it.

i'm about 95% done, and my throttle assembly came in the mail yesterday. i thought it would be easy to hook up, but i was WAY wrong.

i'm trying to reuse the jet ski throttle cable, as i cannot find anything else that will work. the end of the cable that hooks up to the control simple has the cable end with a cylendar or ball at the end of the cable that slipped into the throttle trigger on the jet ski. well, the new throttle has a threaded end for the cable connection.

is there any types of adapters out there for this? i basically need to adapt the end of the cable to a threaded end, or find an adapter for the throttle itself, to be able to attach to the stock ended cable.

help!

Find a shop that works on sailboats. Those guys have tools to swage any kind of fitting on cable ends. You might even try a high end bike or motorcycle shop.

Latest posts