LED Lighting in boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to add some LED lights to my boat for some ambient lighting while fishing at night. My question is of all the light colors available, Which one attracts the bugs less? I want lights on both sides of the front casting deck rear deck and a set in the lower lever seating LOL!

In my experience, red is the best for not attracting bugs or blinding you. Some folks don't like red, I happen to be one of them, in which case I would go with blue. The blue is very easy on the eyes and will not blind you like the pure white will.

I have the blue in my rod lockers because I wanted light throughout but I did not want to be swarmed on those summer nights, it has worked well.

My boat (Brunswick Spectrum Sport, 16.5' deep V, etc. see:

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

has built in interior lights (little 1/2 inch by 3 inch, toggle (up or down to turn on - just push the light lens) lights around the inside side walls (sorry, don't know the technical boat term - but sorta like the arm rests under the side windows of a car interior, if that makes any sense). They are orange color. Since I just got the boat last fall, I haven't had a chance to really do any night fishing, but I'll be in Bull Shoals (Ark) in May and I plan on much after dark fishing then - but, alas, not mosquitos in Akansas :D :D

So, nevermind... I guess I can't help with whether orange is a good color to repel bugs or not.

Can anyone comment on orange???

Latest posts