Cupholder idea

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Too much free time I guess but is there any reason why this wouldn't work for a bracket for cupholder? The cupholder could be one of those atwood cruiser caddies or something similar. The bracket itself would be just a 3/16" or maybe thicker of 3" wide or so aluminum bar long enough to stick out past the seat to make a comforatable reach with the end bent up

The weight of the chair would hold it down enough I think and when you sit on it there would be enough pressure to keep it from swinging around.

When I'm sitting in my chair fishing I don't like to get up to get a drink and rock the boat and make sound plus you could get an organizer to hang lures from for quick changes without digging in the box.

i did the same a few years back just attach it to the seat so they are 1 unit, mine was a p.i.a, would spin around when i would get up whacked my shins on it a few times, night fishing could of been dangerous... but will work :)

Here ya go.....these guys already have it perfected. I have one for my seat and love it. Many different options available too. (no....I don't own stock in this company)

https://www.spiderkingrodholders.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=43

Attachments

• Screen shot.png
    Screen shot.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 959
fender66 said:
Here ya go.....these guys already have it perfected. I have one for my seat and love it. Many different options available too. (no....I don't own stock in this company)

https://www.spiderkingrodholders.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=43

That looks good. Question though, me being the not so petite kind of guy, is that cupholder on the right side of you easy to access or would it be in the way or covered up by a um bigger individuals leg?

Not really knowing how big you are, I am hesitant to answer. I think it sticks out plenty far and shouldn't be a problem. I'll try to remember to take some measurements and possibly a picture tonight. Hopefully that will help.

Side note: They make these brackets with cup holders, rod holders, tackle trays, etc and they surround the seat. If the side position is a bad location for you, you could call them and see if they could put it in the, or towards the back of the seat. Just a thought.

fender66 said:
Not really knowing how big you are, I am hesitant to answer. I think it sticks out plenty far and shouldn't be a problem. I'll try to remember to take some measurements and possibly a picture tonight. Hopefully that will help.

Side note: They make these brackets with cup holders, rod holders, tackle trays, etc and they surround the seat. If the side position is a bad location for you, you could call them and see if they could put it in the, or towards the back of the seat. Just a thought.

I ordered the double plate with 2 brackets and a rod holder for one side and cup/tackle on the other. Now I'm wondering if I should have got the three or four bracket plate so I'd have more options to move the rod or cupholder.

Do you have any better pics of yours?

You can also put more than one plate to your seat.
I also like the new product line.

https://www.spiderkingrodholders.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=13

Got the rod and cupholders installed today. Looks like they are going to work OK. Only problem I see is down the road when I get new seats that probably will be wider I'll have to add onto the bracket that the rod and cupholders bolt to which won't be a big deal.

Latest posts