Ideas for bench storage lids? (PHOTOS)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adbennett

Reaction score
Hey guys,
new to the forum and wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I should make some lids for my cut out bench so I can use the empty space as storage. The first picture is from when I bought the boat then what I've done so far. Many more mods to come I'm sure, and hopefully some paint!
-Adam

Attachments

• image(2).jpeg
    image(2).jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 749
  • image(1).jpeg
    image(1).jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 749
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 749
No pictures and not even a tin but I took out one seat on my fiberglass boat that was on top of the battery compartment. I replaced it with a piece of plywood and a sub frame that allows the plywood to stay in place but easily removable. I screwed down an old plastic cutting board on top of the plywood so now it is a step, a battery cover and a bait table. It's a small 14 footer so every square foot counts!

:WELCOME: Nice boat. I have pod seats in the stern of my boat. I cut a rectangular section out of the aluminum, braced with 1/8" aluminum angle and topped with 3/4" plywood. For your set-up, you could have the opening towards the inside of the boat, unless you add seat posts. Good luck with your build.

Attachments

• DSCF0859.JPG
    DSCF0859.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 639
  • DSCF0860.JPG
    DSCF0860.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 639
  • DSCF0855.JPG
    DSCF0855.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 639

Latest posts