Bow cap and transom cap replacement???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicman619

Reaction score
I would like to replace my beat up bow cap and transom caps. Locating an aftermarket replacement has been useless. I'm assuming I will have to make them myself or take measurements and have someone make them for me. Anyone have any experience in doing this and if so any advise?

I'm considering doing the same thing, but mine looks like a 1.5" aluminum channel will do nicely. My original transom plywood is 1 7/16" thick.

When I said transom cap, I meant corner caps on rear corners of the boat. I agree, a transom cap can be easily made with an aluminum brake or by using a piece of 1.5" channel.

greatlakes skipper is selling a few different transom caps. Look under TrackerMarine group.

one example=
https://greatlakesskipper.com/product/31_250_309-oem-parts-and-accessories-miscellaneous/21891-tracker-marine-group-tracker-024-brushed-aluminum-8-18-x-8-inch-boat-bracket-set-of-2.html

I've dealt with them once before. Bought my livewell there. Good people. Usually however, you save money if you can find the same part you want on e-bay, because the shipping ends up being cheaper.

Latest posts