A tin boat is insight!! Sea Ark inhand, Vids of test run

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Since my last tin a month ago I've gone through a Bass hound, then a gheenoe, a Fiberglass skiff, and now I'm at a Stauter built wood boat that needs a floor. Tomorrow I will be going to look a Sea Ark 14' Flat that is supposedly in good to fair shape. If thats the case I will be back in business. Picked up an excellent running Johnson 15hp off the skiff and a good trailer. Motor will get paint and new decals soon. Keep you all posted. Until then here are some pics of those boats.

Since the buying season is over I'm looking for a boat to hold onto through the winter. No more purchases after this in marine related items.

Bass hound 300, Sold 450
Gheenoe 275, Sold 350
Skiff/w motor & trailer, $300, Sold hull $100
Stuater $125, Sold $250
Sea Ark $400, Keep!

Attachments

• asdff.JPG
    asdff.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 624
  • j15.JPG
    j15.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 624
  • ST2.JPG
    ST2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 624
Nice! Looks like you made some good money there. Do you register the boat before you sell it? And then just write a new bill of sale?

I'll just keep an open bill of sale/title if the boat isn't used. Picked up the sea ark this weekend. Gave it a good cleaning and removed old wiring after test run. Nice capped Alum transom, painted the motor, replaced bearing on the trailer. Good to run! Paid a premium on this boat but It's much nicer than the previous tin's I've owned and I plan to keep this boat. No paint, Decks, etc for this one. Maybe a small Bimini top and some rod holders, & some fish blood will be all.. I need to adjust my trim a bit and.or add 50lbs to the front to keep it down under WOT. Had a big rock upfront but it made too much noise so I threw it in the drink. In the second vid towards the end you can see the front start to bounce.

Vids of test run
https://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/sixgun86/?action=view&current=09251632.mp4
https://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/sixgun86/?action=view&current=09251632a.mp4

Attachments

• trans.JPG
    trans.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 516
  • ark2.JPG
    ark2.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 516
  • ark3.JPG
    ark3.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 516
  • cleanark.JPG
    cleanark.JPG