Beganning my 1988 Sea Nymph 14R Deep V Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebpayne

Reaction score
:LOL2: Yippie, tommrow is the first day of conversion. I'll post pics during entire conversion. But, first I need some advice. Please help!!
1) after removal of benches does anyone paint inside proior to carpeting and decking?
2) is there such a procedure to convert a motor that has a handle for steering to a steering wheel controled steering?
3) how can I MFG a console for the boat?

I guess this is enough for now. I am sure I'll many, many more questions since this is my first boat.

Caleb

1) after removal of benches does anyone paint inside proior to carpeting and decking?

You could definitely paint the inside. If you have any doubts as to its watertight-ness, you could do the inside with Gluvit or Steelflex, and that would help with any leaks you have, or could have in the future. If you decide to use regular paint, just make sure to use self-etching primer on your scuffed up aluminum.

2) is there such a procedure to convert a motor that has a handle for steering to a steering wheel controled steering?

With enough time and money, you can do anything. It would be easy to design a pulley style steering system, but I'm not sure how you would control the throttle. You may want to look on CL for a motor that is remotely steered if that what you really want, and chances are that you could get more money for your tiller motor than a remote steer one, so you may be able to save yourself a couple bucks there.

3) how can I MFG a console for the boat?

Any way you want really. Easiest would probably be plywood, but I've seen a guy on here make one out of a truck toolbox (it ended up awesome, but don't remember who did it). OR you could go to a boat junkyard and find one already made and buy it, or troll CL for that too.

Regarding painting, even though the flooring and decking will cover most of it up I decided to power wash and paint the inside of my boat. My OCD required it... :mrgreen:

Latest posts