Question to those who have used hydroturf for floors/decks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkuster

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between carpet and hydroturf on my 14' deep V mod project.

When using carpet, I know people typically fold the carpet around the edges / hatches / lids and staple on the back.

Is this same technique used when putting down hydroturf? I received some samples of hydroturf and it doesn't seem to be that flexible. I'm wondering if it should just be glued down on the top surface only...

If you've used hydroturf what did you do???

00 mod said:
There is a version with 3m adhesive on the back and also a version made to glue down!

Jeff

Yes, but my question concerns the edges of lids, decks, etc..

Would it be better to cut it flush with the edges, or try and wrap it around to the underside?

You cant wrap it under like carpet. Just take it the edge and cut it. I love the stuff and would take it over carpet every time. It is a small pain to put down only because it tends to pop up along the edges. I used Daps (gel) contact cement and after laying down the turf I placed peices of plywood on top and placed 5-10lb weights to press it down. After 30 minutes the glue was dry. I am very happy with it. I went with the 5.5 mm blue marble turf.