transom brace/leg

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussiwillow

Reaction score
hello, my boat never came with a transom brace/leg that came from the transom to the floor to brace the lower transom under load, i need one since my 15 hp has bent my heavy duty transom and am out of idea's other then a leg, where can i find one? ive done some searching with no luck thanks!

You will most likely have to have one made. Anyone that does aluminum welding will have the materials to cut and bend a piece for you. Problems arise when you go to install it.. Most tins are too thin to weld so you will have to bolt or rivet it to the floor. If it flexes too much you will have a leak. I don't think this would help your problem unless you installed new wood for your transom as well. Try more layers and having it come down further towards the floor.

First pic held a 25hp with no flex. No brace. Others include braced transom's for ref.

Attachments

• trans.JPG
    trans.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 452
  • trans9om.jpg
    trans9om.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 452
  • trans1.jpg
    trans1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 452
  • tran1.jpg
    tran1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 452
hey thanks for the pics and advice. i actually made a transom that went all the way to floor but my problem happened when my raised drain plug got in the way and had too hard a time installing it, so its 2 inches from the floor, so im gonna take a 2x2 and run it under the transom, then make a frame that has legs running the bench seat along the floor so im pretty much gonna make a small back deck that lays on the floor and wedges nice and tight keeping flex out