My boat is broken and leaking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I crawled under the boat today and within 20 seconds found 3 cracks and possibly a fourth. They are between the Keel and the (strake - ?) and the first one is even with where the circled Sharpie is on the trailer.

Crack locations:

Crack2.jpg

Forward Crack:

1stcrack.jpg

Middle Crack:

2ndcrack.jpg

Aft Crack:

3rdcrack.jpg

The 3rd crack actually weeps water if you put your finger on it.

I called the Tracker Marine Service Center as the boat is still under warranty and was told the service center is closed on Mondays and to call back tomorrow after 8:30. Hope they don't try to weasel out of fixing this. The cracks look like they are on the outside of an inside weld.

Mu guess is the front deck supports are welded right there and just driving through waves would cause the metal to flex a little bit. After 4 years of this, the metal fatigues and cracks. Just my guess though.

Took it to the service center. Their warranty writer looked at it and said it looked like internal stringers broke loose and pulled part of the hull inward. He then looked up my hull number, said I was covered under warranty. 5 years on all hull, interior ribs and transom parts and workmanship and welds are covered by that. Exterior welds are lifetime. He has to contact Tracker to arrange shipping to their factory. Hope I get a point of contact down there so I can keep abreast of what is happening.

Popeye said:
Took it to the service center. Their warranty writer looked at it and said it looked like internal stringers broke loose and pulled part of the hull inward. He then looked up my hull number, said I was covered under warranty. 5 years on all hull, interior ribs and transom parts and workmanship and welds are covered by that. Exterior welds are lifetime. He has to contact Tracker to arrange shipping to their factory. Hope I get a point of contact down there so I can keep abreast of what is happening.

I have a theory as well ....................................................................
itmustbeusererror-200x200.jpg

I tried to go to that website and my security package warned me against it. Said it was a "security risk". 8)

Good Luck with your warranty repairs.

Got the boat home late last week, Hull looks like it won;t leak but I do want to get it in the water to make sure. Work and weather have been hampering that option. Yesterday it was nice but had to do some handyman type stuff over at my mother's and then came home to ready the boat for fishing this morning. I knew how much trouble it was to run the trolling motor recessed foot pedal tray drains so I pulled the tray and sure enough, the drain hoses were "Z" kinked. Spent half an hour fixing that. Put the trolling motor on and wisely decided to test it, didn't work. Checked to make sure batteries were correctly connected (they were) and then started trouble shooting the motor and foot pedal. Everything I did checked out. Pulled the front part of the deck up and saw they forced the wires and one pulled out of the back of the outlet. Finally got that taken care of and started loading the fishing gear and as I was putting the rods in the rod locker, snagged myself with a treble hook. Cut the hook off the lure and went over to my neighbor's house where I had him pull the hook with a piece of fishing line while I held the eye down. Next time that happens, I don't want him to say "Here goes", just pop it out without warning.

2011-11-15160543.jpg

And now it's 29 degrees and my boat isn't ready to go so I've got laundry in the washer.

Dang Popeye....don't waste your money on the lotto this week. You're not having any luck. Hope that changes real soon.

Popeye said:
Next time that happens, I don't want him to say "Here goes", just pop it out without warning.

2011-11-15160543.jpg

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy came up to me once with a treble hook stuck in his tongue. He asked me for help so I directed him the the store owner! There was no way I was going to touch that one!

I've also stuck myself many times with treble hooks so now I fish barb less single hooks. I even changed out the treble hooks on my lures to single barb less.

Latest posts