long shaft on a short shaft boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diabetik11

Reaction score
can you put a long shaft motor on a short shaft boat, i know you can i trying to ask what i would need to do to make my boat get the best performance, and i cant really build anythin out of metal.

get a jack plate, or even convert your motor to a short shaft. As far as I know all you need is the driveshaft, and leg from a short shaft to do the swap. Would help if you told us what motor and boat youve got.

The mini jacker jackplate works great. I used it on my 1542 alumacraft. Plenty of others on here have used it as well. You can make your own out of aluminum angle too. It looks pretty simple to do.

If you already have the motor or can get one at a great price then the mini jacker is the way to go. If not then I would search for a short shaft.

Here is how mine turned out....https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17299&hilit=swamp+sled

if you're talkin' small motor, a transom extension would be an easy solution. it can be made out of wood if you can't work with metal. can be as simple as a plank bolted to the transom, thickness would depend on motor size and how brave you are.

Latest posts