Hydroturf - Smooth or textured?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkuster

Reaction score
Hydroturf either comes in smooth, flat sheets, or textured (grooved or diamond cut) sheets.

Which would you recommend for flooring / decks and why?

I'm thinking the diamond or grooved pattern might look really nice, but the drawbacks are:

1) More expensive than smooth
2) Harder to install, i.e. keeping the pattern straight and lined up between panels
3) Harder to clean(?), as the grooves might hold dirt
4) ???

Thanks for the help!

When I get to that point (in the far, far future), my intention is to use the smooth. I will be watching your project with great interest. :popcorn:

I went with the smooth version. The textured looks good but for the same reasons you posted is why I went with the smooth. I am very happy with it.

Hey, thanks for the input!

What color did you choose? What adhesive did you use? Did you glue it to plywood or aluminum decking?

TTSam said:
I went with the smooth version. The textured looks good but for the same reasons you posted is why I went with the smooth. I am very happy with it.

I went with blue marble and use Dap gel contact cement. The gel made it real easy to spread. The Hydro turf likes to roll up on the edges and corners so make sure you weigh it down. I placed pieces of plywood on top with a little weight. I have pics I can post later.

Latest posts