Just Purchased

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdn1972

Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a new old boat to replace my rotted out fiberglass and wood craft. I purchased it from a guy who does boat scrapping and salvage work but sells the ones he collects that are in good shape. It is aluminum and water tight. No leaks at all. The seats are old wooden crap and already gone in the dumpster. I plan on mounting swivel folding seats on the seat pods and using the seat bases as storage wells.
My question is does anyone know anything about Springbok boats from the 60's or possible early 70's?
The seller told me it was a 73 but i doubt that.. The vessel lic tag for Canada registration says model# 1458 and beside that it says RD-63-126. I assume that is 1963 vintage. The boat came with Evinrude throttle controls, looking on the net the type was built 1960-63 so that fits.
I can find nothing on these boats so far searching the web.
I plan to do a few mods other then the seats like a complete upper color pain job as the baby blue is terrible. Im thinking dark royal blue. I have started cutting holes in the dash to mount a switch panel and a few gauges. I stripped my old boat before it went to the dump so most of my stuff will just transfer over,
Looking forward to some chat here and hopefully someone knows about early Springboks.

There are a couple posts on here from members with Springbok's. At the top right corner of the forum if you type in the mfg'r you will be able to find their posts. Also try "Springbok aluminum boats" in google images. Seems to pull up a lot of them. Maybe you could find one similar to yours.

Latest posts