Floor- Epoxy or truck bed coating?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I have two options to coat the floor of my 12' aluminum boat. Looking to coat both plywood and aluminum. Which you think would hold up better? I already bought both so price isn't of meaning. 2 part Epoxy or truckbed coating? I plan on painting over with spray can of a different color.

i used the bedliner in mine and it works great, since you plan on painting it, i highly advise a way lighter color! The epoxy is likely not UV resistant and/or will degrade when you put the spray paint on it. I had a few issues with the truck bed liner when i spilled a lil fuel, but cleaned up easy and a quick spot application and it was back to as was.

gouran01 said:
i used the bedliner in mine and it works great, since you plan on painting it, i highly advise a way lighter color! The epoxy is likely not UV resistant and/or will degrade when you put the spray paint on it. I had a few issues with the truck bed liner when i spilled a lil fuel, but cleaned up easy and a quick spot application and it was back to as was.
Isnt the truck bed coating black as well? I do plan on puttin a layer of spray paint of a different color. All i got is black and this stuff is like 200 dollars for 2 gal.

Latest posts