Has anyone seen this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
There have been several projects where pods have been added to an existing boat to increase it's capacity or improve it's performance. I remembered seeing a model that Polar Kraft came out with 4 or 5 years ago that appears to have pods built into the original hull. I always kinda wondered why. Has any one seen one of these? Seem to have a decent floor plan. It's a Dakota 1578wt, and is rated for 30 hp.

Attachments

• 1578wt.jpg
    1578wt.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 583
A lot of the older Florida glass flats boats have the same design. If you look at a bass boat sitting still, it looks stern heavy. Pods help float the back of the boat which really helps when you are poling the flats or when in shallow water. They also cut out most of the bow rise when planing out. This also allows you to plane out in shallower water. They also helped out with the older 4 strokes weight. Mine also act like trim tabs. They hold the bow down cutting the waves better.

I added pods to my boat because my boat was sitting way to stern heavy. Once I added them, I was able to move my gas tank to the back which freed up a lot of room.

Had to run to the store today and in the parking lot of the Koger's in Jefferson, GA was a glass center console with the transom notched in like you described. First time I had ever see one. :D

Latest posts