Boat Seats what has been your experience

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crooked2x4

Reaction score
I'm trying to research boat seats, the last ones I bought came from Fleet farm and had wood to bolt the swivel on. I finally went to seat cushions, the old flotation style, they're easy to maintain and store.

Now I'm changing my Starcraft to include pedestal seating. I bought Swivl-eze pedestals, but haven't decided on seats. I'd like to hear what you've bought, brands and such, and how they're holding up.

Thanks for you input.

I bought mine from Cabelas. They are the Wise brand high back in max-4 camo. I've had them 4 years and are holding up well but then all I use my boat for is duck hunting.

I'm using some that the old man had stashed in the garage. Brand new but old enough they have the plywood underneath the seat and back.

When I wear them out I'm going to look into a company called "Veada". From what I can find out they still make a seat with plywood. A lot of the reviews I've read talk about how the new plastic bottom flexes and my cousin said the same thing just the other day about his.

Course, if I wasn't bigger than the average bear I probably wouldn't have that problem of flex. lol

I bought Tempress, and they are nicest/most comfortable I've ever owned.

Then again.... they ain't cheap.

X4 Tempress.

Your arse connects you to the boat so a sore arse equates unfun boat so you'll be on it less often...

Divide the cost per hours of enjoyment and go buy nice seats, your arse and lower back will thank you.

Jamie

I've had both Tempress and Wise and both held up very well as long as I owned the boats (never over a couple of years). I have no clue what condition they are all in now.

Both are comfy to sit in all day.

I have a Cabella's camo high back on one now and it's a little on the stiff side. I'm thinking of changing it out with another set of Wise if I run across some for the right deal.