What's it worth... looking for some opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Looks like I've sold my G3. I'll know for certain on Saturday when I've got the money in hand. I've been looking for a SeaArk.
I've found a new leftover 07 2072 Vee Cat. It's pre-rigged with Yamaha Controls and sits on a new 07 trailer. Book on it
$8350 and not sure if that would include the Yamaha Controls etc. Boat has never been in the water and being sold by a
dealership and he's got the MSO on boat and trailer. He's looking for right at about book. It's got a fair amount of options from
SeaArk.

So that being said, if you were in the market for such a tin what would you offer up ?

Pics attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• Lot11 004.jpg
    Lot11 004.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 556
  • Lot11 006.jpg
    Lot11 006.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 556
If I was in the market, I'd offer $7000. That boat may be brand new and never in the water but it is 5 years old. It may have been sitting outside and Sea Ark more than likely made changes to tht design since 2007. You will probably have to put new tires on the trailer and defiantely check the bearings. If it has been sitting 5 years outside it really deminishes the value imo. If it has been inside and or covered, still diminishes the value just not as much. Shoot low and see where it goes. I'm willing to bet not a lot of people are making the owner offers on it no matter what he tells you. If I picked that boat up for $7000 I would be happy as that Sea Arks are litterally built like tanks and it will alst you nearly forever.

Also at 2072 you are going to want at the minimum a 90 hp on it or even better a 115 or 150. That is just as much as the boat if not more depending on the deal. If the owner has a motor laying around maybe you could get an awesome package deal in the $12-14K range, maybe.

John

Thanks for the input. From what I'm told, he had a 115 on it and it was to be a "demo boat". However, he pulled the engine when a customer needed one and since then the boat has sat. Regardless as you say, it is five years old. The controls have sat for that period of time, the tires more likely than not require replacement etc.
It is rated for a 150 and a friend who has pretty much the same boat with a 150 gets 55 mph out of it on the GPS. That's truckin on the water. I'm more of the mindset to go with a 90 or 115. My days of the "need for speed" are long gone.

bulldog said:
If you can get that boat for a good deal, do it. I love Sea Arks and especially that model.

Thanks, SeaArks are built like a **** tank from the research I've done. This boat has the 15 degree hull which is a BIG plus. The boat has sat a good while so I'm better on needing to replace the trailer tires and perhaps the bearings which is no big deal. From what I know, it's sat covered up under a carport for the better part of it's life. New the hulls run in the neighborhood of of $10k, add in the trailer which I dare say is anywhere from $1800 on up and the pre-rigged controls I'm guessing around another $800 to $1k give or take. If I can pick up the boat for around $7k give or take and find a deal on an outboard over the winter for another $5 to $6k, I'd be pleased as punch. Unfortunately, something called a "budget" exists or I'd have my eyes on a 150 for it which would move it pretty darn good.

I'd just ask them how much they want to sell it for vs. have it sitting for sale and go from there. There's a chance SeaArk will refund the dealer if they sell for a loss since it was a demo boat. Found out from an RV place that they usually sell 15-25% of their stuff at a loss to keep inventory fresh and the manufacturer refunds them. Same for ATV's.

Jamie

I'm shopping for a new build myself, just don't think I need a .125" gauge hull and the extra HP to push it.
Sampled a center-console SeaArk without knowing the series your dealer is offering.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2006/Seaark-Boats-Inc/2072JTPCC-20/Standard-Equipment
2006 Seaark 2072TPCC - 20'
Base Price: $7,699 Low Retail: $3680 Avg Retail: $4200
Do you know which series it is from this NADA list?
2072 PRO CC - 20'
2072 PRO SC - 20'
2072 V-PRO CC - 20'
2072 V-PRO SC - 20'
2072CUB - 20'
2072JTPCC - 20'
2072MV - 20'
2072MVJT - 20'
2072MVT - 20'
2072SS - 20'
2072TPCC - 20'

Latest posts