What are these things???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdholmes

Reaction score
I have no idea what this circle wheel thing on the back of my boat is...also the brackets...no idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 995
Looks like the pulleys are for steering controls and id prolly guess the brackets are for wheels that lower to be able to wheel the boat around on land...but it could be a weapon to enslave the human race for all i know....

The wheel isn't for steering, there is only one and I think steering pullers usually are mounted sideways...I also don't think it is or an anchor system because it is too small.

Could it be a guide for trolling behind the boat? Rest your line on it or something?

The idea that the brackets could have been for a set of wheels kind of makes sense...I think I have seen a boat equipped with them before but did not see how they were attached so I don't know...

I think it is confirmed that the brackets are indeed for launching wheels. It would appear a slightly more narrow bracket with a wheel slide into the ones on the boat and bolts slide through side holes to keep them in place.

I won't need these on my setup so I think I will remove them.

The wheel thing is still a question mark though.

Looks like the brackets are solved but no one has a clue what the wheel could be for...it is quite small, not big enough for a rope.

The wheels look like older style down rigger pulleys. They are used to lower a "cannon ball" weight on a small cable the fishing line is attached with a clip. They are used to get lures down very deep for salmon and lake trout fishing in lake Ontario.

Is this a tiller or steering wheel controlled boat?

When I bought my boat which was a side console steering, the previous owner had a similar type "pulley" with a crank so he could control the mud anchor from the steering console.

The downrigger thing seems like a possibility, we are near lake mead which is a deep lake. I am not sure how those work.

It is tiller steered and always has been.

I think I might just take it off....

Latest posts