10' Jon boat....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdonl

Reaction score
I submit to you, my entry into the worst picture ever contest!!

IMG00214-20111014-0906.jpg

Just kidding... really... I want to put a full casting deck on this boat, with a livewell, a 90HP outboard and captains chairs. I am just not sure if I should make the deck out of teak or plate steel....

Oh, sorry... just kidding again :)

Since modifying my other boat https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18097 to be a nice fishing boat, it lost it's portability... although, honestly it was not that portable to begin with....

Anyway, I suck at canoes and I needed a new trapping boat so I picked this bad boy up for $100.... Seemed fair... I have no idea what type of boat it is but I know it needs some work to make it trapline ready... there are a couple of pin holes in the seems... very small, and a hole about the size of a nickle towards the bow on the stem of the boat. Can I fix small holes like this with JB Weld? I have a Hobart 125, but I do not have the gas kit so I cannot weld it. I tend my traps alone so it will just be me, but a few good sized beavers can get up to a couple hundred pounds pretty easy and fast.

Also, can anyone out there id this boat from the terrible picture I took?

Anyway, it is a vast improvement over the thought of a canoe... I am bad a canoes.

I used JB weld and pieces of fiberglass on my boat. Use the jb weld as the resin. Cut the glass about an inch bigger than the hole, smear some jb around hole then apply glass and more jb on top. Try not to go crazy with the amount of jb. After cure, sand and paint like normal

clipperpilot said:
I used JB weld and pieces of fiberglass on my boat. Use the jb weld as the resin. Cut the glass about an inch bigger than the hole, smear some jb around hole then apply glass and more jb on top. Try not to go crazy with the amount of jb. After cure, sand and paint like normal

That's a great idea! Thanks clipper pilot!

Latest posts