Need help with livewell installation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I just fabricated a new livewell for the boat I am workin' on. Curious as to the easiest and cheapest way to get water circulating. Here she is....dimensions are 9" x 28" x 10" tall. Clearance from bottom of boat to bottom of livewell is 3/4" max 1/4" min. Any ideas?

Ive seen where they took a bilge pump and just run it up so it continuously moves water without replacing it...

Did you make those support brackets, too? I need new ones for mine and have no idea how to do that.

Are you doing a livewell or a baitwell? I know a live well will be fine to keep your catches alive till you get back. Fish from a store can live for hours just in those little plastic bags...

I have no experience with live bait.

Jdholmes said:
Did you make those support brackets, too? I need new ones for mine and have no idea how to do that.
Jdholmes said:
Are you doing a livewell or a baitwell? I know a live well will be fine to keep your catches alive till you get back. Fish from a store can live for hours just in those little plastic bags...

I have no experience with live bait.
Jdholmes said:
That's freakin crazy man...I am impressed. You need to move to Vegas.
I dont know much about fishing so who knows what live bait to use and when?? Ill be using this for the catch...if I catch a larger one, the one in the livewell can go free...keep her fresh till dinner :)

Yes I made the support brackets talked a little about it in my thread. Let me know if you want me to make you new ones, we can work out a deal. I made them at my metal shop, you will need machinery and stuff. That or a 1/8" or 3/16" flatbar by 3/4" - 1" wide. You can stick in a vice and beat it till you get the desired angle. Do you have the old ones for a sample?

I used 1/4" x 1" stainless flatbar put it in a press brake and formed em that way. The 1/4" holes are 1/2" in on center line and the brake line is one inch in... various angles.

Latest posts