New Boat Advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Sold my G3 today and it's out of here. I found a new leftover SeaArk 2072 (2008) at a dealer and the price is inline with nada retail for a USED boat but this one is new.I 'm fine with that. Dealer has a new trailer at $1400 and I am fine with that. The boat is already pre-rigged for Yamaha and I'm fine with that. Dealer gives me the number and says then add in $1k for the pre-rigging which is DONE. I'm not so fine with that. Is is just me or am I out of line thinking since the boat was pre-rigged and actually had a motor hung on it that the additional $1k is out of line ?

BB

That is crazy! I know when i bought my speedboat there was a prep fee but 1000 for something already done. Call up anther dealer and find out if them do the same thing. If not, call up the first dealer and tell them u are buying the the same boat somewhere else where they dont charge one grand for rigging. Then see what they say. Hopefully they drop that rigging price
good luck :)

Thanks. I've done a bit of homework over the past day and emailed them an offer this morning on the hull & trailer MINUS the $1k. Gauges, controls etc are 4 plus years old and NOT new any longer. No one would warranty them. They were looking for $8500 for the hull and $1400 for the trailer. I figured their cost to be between $8200 and $8300. Offered them $8800 cash take it or leave it. Old man winter will be moving in before long in the northern states and I'd bet they won't be getting offers on that unit anytime soon. It's been a lot lounger for 4 years and if they want it gone, they'll think hard.
At least I would anyway lol. :fishing:

Exactly, their loss and still have my cash and looking. Found a nice 22' Xpress but just a touch out of my price range.