I Hope This Works . . . .

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT2

Reaction score
. . . . since I was unable to locate replacement parts.
Does anyone have an idea on the vintage of this remote controller? Maybe you have one laying around? Is it possibly an Evinrude? I needed some replacement cable retainers for the lever end of my cables and wound up trying to fabricate some this afternoon. Looks like my cables are from back in the day when the retainers weren't molded onto the cable shroud. I'll know tomorrow after everything is good and cured. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Attachments

• Control.jpg
    Control.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Control1.jpg
    Control1.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Control4.jpg
    Control4.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Control3.jpg
    Control3.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Control2.jpg
    Control2.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Control6.jpg
    Control6.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Control5.jpg
    Control5.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Control7.jpg
    Control7.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 285
Looks like a dual lever setup I had on an old boat, although I think mine was an adjustable type with a threaded rod. Your "fix" looks like a really good idea! Good luck.

1950's ? Quite the antique then. I saw just the levers on eBay for $37 ea with integral knobs but mine had broken threaded on knobs that I had to replace. Perhaps the retainers were molded on the cable shroud after all and just gave up and split in half? I'd be interested in knowing how yours were made.

Attachments

• Handle.JPG
    Handle.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 239
The cables have wires on the end. A set screw holds them on the plastic sliders( the ones with teeth on them. The round parts you repaired hold the cables in the housing. I heard they were getting pricey. They're made of aluminum and aren't hard to restore if you have all the pieces.