Targa Top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohhhgeee

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought the online plans for targa tops on https://www.biminitops.com.au/ ? Just wondering how much it cost to get one built or what it looks like on a wide body v.

TTT%20Darryn%20small.jpg

I have never seen one, so I couldn't tell you how much they cost. But I like that WAY better than a bimini. I would definitely be interested to see how much it would run to build one. I can't see the parts costing more than $200 or so, maybe a little more, but I'd pay good money for something like that.

I'll let you know as soon as I get back to the states. I'm deployed right now so I can't do much until I get home. I only have about a month left so I'll post a reply and hopefully a picture of the finished product when I get back.

Im out of the country as well, where you at? I'll hopefully be home beginning December, so we got about the same time left...

Ranchero50 said:
That's pretty cool but it sounds like they are only plans.
Yeah, definitely only the plans. So much sweeter than a bimini type top though. I like the open sides and rod holders. It would work great on the days I go out into the inlets...

The website only sells the plans. I bought them a few weeks ago and it doesn't look very difficult. I don't have a garage or a place to easily do it myself so I'm gonna ask around and see if I can get a reasonable quote from someone.

I look at that from a fabricators standpoint and see a good bit of time to form it and then weld it together so it isn't warped. Not every shop can mandrel bend aluminum tubing.

Toss in a trip to an anodizer for some corrosion resistance and then an upholstrophy shop for the canvas and I'd expect around $1k for it if not more. Honestly from a couple pictures and having the boat handy plans are pointless to a good fab guy. You need it to fit your boat and your stature vs. some preconcieved plans.

I wish you luck and would love to see the results.
Jamie

I can't view your plans but I've got less than $75 invested in my 1448 camper top out of 3/4" and 1/2" EMT conduit. At $2-$3 a 10' stick you might be surprised at what you can come up with, plus a box of snaps.

Attachments

• CAMP2.JPG
    CAMP2.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 566
I know that flatbotm was thinking of building this or a top similar. I don't know if he ever did. You could try to pm him

Latest posts