Maiden Post & Maiden Renov Alum Princecraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Maiden Post - Great Site!
Just want to say Hello - spent a few hours going thru alot of posts and really learned quite a bit. I'm going to need it cause I am going to tackle my 1st interior re-build on a Princecraft I just purchased.
My plans are to replace the flooring/sleeper seats/bow conversion to a raised platform/starboard side rod/tackle storage balanced on the port side with a bait/livewell.
I have stripped down the interior/cut new floor panels (Exterior Grade 5/8" - 3 coats of Spar both sides with a bit of lite sanding and 6 coats on the edges) in the ensuing Pic's - weather has been cold/rainy so I'll be moving indoors to start planning.
Not sure how fast I'll be at it, but I'll revive this thread as I take new Pic's etc. Oh and it'll be snow'in soon - that'll def stop me :( .

arriving home
Picture001-1-1.jpg

sorry about Pic quality - it was real sunny - note the Alum 20gal gas tank down the centre
TheHarryB003-1.jpg

pieces of the new deck being prepped just before the weather turned
TheHarryB002-1.jpg

Thanks for looking - wish me luck on this one,

bobby

Thanks fool4fish!
I'll try and get as much finished as possible. Still enduring heavy rain here in Ontario, so looks like my carpet work will take place in the basement - my wife will like that :twisted:

If I'm stuck weather wise, I'll just wait till March to put most of it together. for now the boat is tilted up as high as it will go/engine (70hp Johnson) has been fogged/gas tank full and treated.

bobby

:WELCOME: bobbyb,

Nice looking rig ya got. Do you plan to fish from it? If so, what kind?

Hi Brine,

Thanks for the Welcome.

It will be pretty much set up for just about anything. There is plenty of room to mount a pair of downriggers - may do that if finances are good - Looking at Targeting mainly Bass, Trout, Walleye - and maybe Salmon if I get gutsy.

Plans include, other than the deck; seats (4) - 1 driver/1passenger/1 near the stern offset slightly off centre and 1 in the bow.
I'll probably order the seats in January - I'm looking at the Tempest line - lot's of members here have posted good things about them. The Bait/Livewell will be purchased and delivered here in January - want to have everything ready so I can go like crazy in March....lol

Still lot's to do though - I'll shoot a bunch of Pic's as I go,
bobby

Hey LonLB

Thank you - it will be a lot of work this winter but it will turn out (I hope) a gem.......lol

I fish the Saginaw MI River in the winter - was there last winter - landed some nice eyes! My wife goes shopping - I get to fish - cool :D

I really like the fact that there is no wood - all alum stringers. My neighbor said I should dump the 20 gallon inboard tank and go with 2 - 5 gallon portables - he has me thinking................anyone have any thoughts?? Considering the price of fuel - he has a point.

If you have any thoughts please post and let me know what you think - pro or con. The built in tank is Alum and it holds 20 gallons of fuel.

Thxs for takin the time to respond,

bobby

I like the built in tank myself. It's built in so it's out of the way. You don't have to fill it if you won't need it, and if you do fill it, the extra weight will make the boat much nicer in rough water.

I want to add a built in tank in mine, but would like to find a smaller tank.

Well, since this is not a complete Restoration I hope the Moderators won't mind some additional Pic's of the Princecraft and my future plans for it.

The Bow area is huge so I'm thinking of locating the livewell in the centre (26 x 11 x 12).
Not sure which side yet - Port or Starboard - I want to box and hatch in a Battery comp for the livewell/Trolling Motor - and the opposite side box and hatch for the livewell pumps - with intake and drainage piping right there for easy access in case something goes wrong :shock: 1 - removable seat - and possibly a 4th hatch for a mushroom anchor.
Does anyone see a problem with this set up.

TheHarryB008.jpg

another angle shot:

TheHarryB022.jpg

I opened up some of the foam and there is a bit of water at the lowest point of the foam. I'm thinking - since I have it opened up - just change it over. I only want to do this 1 time.....lol

Here's a Pic - should be pretty straightforward (That Gas Tank is 20gallons - not lookin forward to filling that weekly :roll: :)

TheHarryB006.jpg

and looking forward: You can just make out the fresh saw cut into the Foam. The water has creeped about 2 inches up the foam.

TheHarryB005.jpg

more to come, if it doesn't snow.

bobby