1968 Appleby

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THESX1

Reaction score
I recently came into a free boat motor and trailer. It is a 14ft 1968 Appleby semi v on a COX trailer with a Johnson 20hp motor, It also has a Hummingbird fishfinder and a Minnkota trolling motor up front. I am going to start rebuilding it in about two weeks when I go pick it up. The motor runs and the trailer wheel bearings have been taken apart regreased and repacked. Plan is the deck it with cooler,livewell, and storage hatches.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,129
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,129
  • IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,129
Cleaned it up and Primer on the bottom

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,059
Paint is one coat and some trim work away from done! Then the deck starts!

Attachments

• 1 coat green.jpg
    1 coat green.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 2 coats green one of white.jpg
    2 coats green one of white.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,057
Got the frame almost completed before the rain came in this evening. got a question? What should I use to brace from the angle alum to the floor of the boat 2X2 2X4 box alum. Some pics from today...

In the back I am making the seat box wider for storage, thats the part I didnt get to today hopefully next week.

Attachments

• Frame2.jpg
    Frame2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 931
  • Frame2.jpg
    Frame2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 931
  • carboard.jpg
    carboard.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 931
Absolutly on the vertical bracing. I will put vertical bracing of some sort but am looking for suggestions. I was able to stand on each part of the framing while the boat was on the trailer it felt good but I think it will be to much presure on the rivets in the side of the boat. Not sure I know what bracing I would put on the sides but The boat is much sturdier with my mods than it was before I took out the original seat half out and put my frame in. I'm going to try to get the alum framing completly done on wed if it doesn't weather on me. I will post pics.

I have now framed in the hwere the seat pedestals will go and am waiting on my piano hinge to come in then I will hinge everything together and carpet it!

Attachments

• Deck placed.jpg
    Deck placed.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 838
  • Deck Back.jpg
    Deck Back.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 838
  • Back seat widened.jpg
    Back seat widened.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 838
Just added carpet to my deck today hope the weather holds so the glue will stand up. Here are 2 pics

Attachments

• carpet1.jpg
    carpet1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 797
  • carpet 2.jpg
    carpet 2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 797
looks great!!! I run a very similar set up (14' semi v-hull with 20 hp Johnson) and I can get about 20+ mph alone in the boat. Keep us posted!

Latest posts