Lights on a 12'?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodyPomeroy

Reaction score
I was wondering how many people on here put permanent lights on a boat this small? Also what are the guidelines for when you need lights? I am in Iowa, and the local DNR boat regulations does not specify the time or light levels needed for lights.

Guidelines, lights required one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise.
I'm going to use portable clamp on lights for the few times I'd be out after dark. I don't want the extra weight of a 12v battery system and associated wiring.

I had permanent lights on my 10'. Bow light and stern lights, and a plug for a spot light. Had quick connects for the battery and lights. Worked great.

nosticks said:
Guidelines, lights required one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise.
I am guessing that when I hit the water when it is barely light enough to navigate I should have lights?

nosticks said:
I'm going to use portable clamp on lights for the few times I'd be out after dark. I don't want the extra weight of a 12v battery system and associated wiring.
I have seen those and considered them because I don't want to mess with wiring.

Latest posts