Transome riser question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
i am going to make a transome riser for the boat.What i has now is a 15 inch transome that i made a riser out of heavy angle aluminum then used 2x timber onit to make the transome a full 22inch.What the plan now is to get a boat with a 20 inch transome and make a riser to end up with a 27inch transome so the jet moter will work onit.What do you think of me just useing heavy aluminum angle pieces bolted onto the transome to get my full 27inch and then bolting the 40hp jet moter to the angle only without the 2x timber.I think it will work as it works as a jack plate without any setback.I am not in need of setback as this is a jet setup :mrgreen:

Here's a pic of a local shops extention. Are you welding and bolting or jsut bolting in on? If your having it welded I'd make some new gussets on the corners, that and have a knee brace welded to the extention.
Added a pic of the corner gussets like I was talking about. I'd try to make it all aluminium. It will be lighter and will never rot.

Attachments

• EmailBoats_1_300x300.jpg
    EmailBoats_1_300x300.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 2011-03-18_17-58-10_703.jpg
    2011-03-18_17-58-10_703.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 468
i was going to bolt it as I donot have a welder for aluminum.welding a riser would be nicer but the cost factor doin it :shock: bolting would be cheaper even useing stainless bolts :mrgreen:

i was looking over utube and I found this tracker jet buildup.If you look at the vidio you will see what I want to do.I glad I ran into this as it answers the questions I need to no =D> if you watch the vidio you will see how the motor is mounted and this is what i want to do.I think it is just heavy angle aluminum with the moter bolted onit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99u3mm1H2oI

Latest posts