Which boat would you pick ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
I'd like some thoughts on a couple of boats I have found that interest me.

Boat 1 - 2004 Xpress VX20CC with an 05 Yamaha 115 4stroke. Has nice bimini top, good trolling motor, new batteries, strong dual axle trailer, jack plate and trim tabs. Boat is decent shape. Low hours on the package, under 100. Owner is dead on firm at $12k.

Boat 2 - 2006 Xpress HD22CC with an 06 Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Boat and motor have just over 20 hours of use. Single axle trailer, trolling motor. No other options.
Boat is in really good shape. I've got the owner down to $12,700 and I think that's it.

Aside from length, both boats are identical in bottom width and beam. Storage is pretty much the same as they are about identical.

Thoughts ?

Wow. After doing a little Googling, they both look like great rigs. Based on age and price, they seem pretty much the same in term of value. Go with your gut.....which on gives you the best warm and fuzzy feeling?

Good luck.

Those are both good boats. It really just depends on where you fish and if you need the extra two feet. In big waves the 22' would be better, obviously. A 115 4 stroke seems a little small for a 22' boat to me. It seems like you are getting a better deal on the 20', with all of the extras. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Thanks for the thought so far.

I like the 22' but then again the 20' with all of the add ons is nice.
Then there is the argument that bigger is better and I can add options
to the 22'. I'm just wondering if there are enough ponies in the engine
to move it.

Just did some checking actually and max ponies on each is 130 hp.

The 20' weighs 890 lbs
The 22' weigh 1219 lbs

Obviously empty

Latest posts