g3 vs polarkraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camohull

Reaction score
Looking at the g3 and the polarkraft jon boats in the 20' range I would like to hear some opinions Thanks camohull

Camohull said:
Looking at the g3 and the polarkraft jon boats in the 20' range I would like to hear some opinions Thanks camohull

Welcome camohull,
Thanks for joining!

I'm not sure if we have any polarkraft owners here, But I know we have a bunch of G3 guys. I love my G3, And when I sell mine, I'm going to buy another one. :D

Nope, no Polar Kraft owners aboard. I would like to ask what made you decide between these two. Obviously, you have your reasons, and I am just curious as to what they are.

Although I don't own one, I so far haven't been real impressed with G3. I have heard quite a few horror stories involving their quality, and working around the lines of a warranty to avoid fixing the quality issues. Now, all that is hearsay, but what I saw at the boat show would make me research it a LOT, before even carrying the checkbook into the dealership. The quality of the SHOW BOATS was horrible. Hatches couldn't close, locks wouldn't latch, many parts seemed to be the cheapest available. I mean, you would think that they would at least tighten the quality control on the boats that were going to be viewed by thousands of anglers, much less ones to be sold. They have almost stooped as low as Tracker in my book.

Well it looks like we do have a polar kraft guy on the site . his looks nice
I have seen a few g3 boats and have found them to be a nice boat. they used to make a glass boat that was similar to the skeeter.
the fact that these boats come with a Yamaha is all i need to hear. just check the final rigging of the boat and you will be fine
good luck
Wayne

not intending to get off topic, but... anyone have an opinion an SeaArk boats?? As I understand it, it is the old MonArk line.

Thanks

Cracker said:
not intending to get off topic, but... anyone have an opinion an SeaArk boats?? As I understand it, it is the old MonArk line.

Thanks
I saw one of them at the boat show. Seemed to be a good quality workhorse. Plus, I tend to like the Monark line. That being said, I would still go out and give it a good once over before writing the check.

bassboy1 said:
Although I don't own one, I so far haven't been real impressed with G3.... They have almost stooped as low as Tracker in my book.

This leans towards the Ford, Chevy, Dodge threads you see quite a bit on websites. I'm not familiar with the G3 line, however the 2005 PT175 Tracker I had did not have one flaw in my book. I knew what I was buying, and spent over two hours going over everything on the boat before I pulled it away from the dealership. They had a delivery checklist that the customer goes through and signs before they leave. I noted a very small tear on the drivers seat and noted it on the delivery sheet. Tracker shipped me a brand new seat to replace it. Tracker, Lowe, and others sell package deals (boat, trailer, accessories, etc) and have a set price. If a buyer desires top-of-the line fittings on their hatch lids, etc, then they should purchase elsewhere. Heresay can sometimes be beneficial, providing a perspective buyer of any product with a heads-up, but one never really knows until they have actually, seen, held, driven, whatever, the product.

Waterwings said:
bassboy1 said:
Although I don't own one, I so far haven't been real impressed with G3.... They have almost stooped as low as Tracker in my book.

This leans towards the Ford, Chevy, Dodge threads you see quite a bit on websites. I'm not familiar with the G3 line, however the 2005 PT175 Tracker I had did not have one flaw in my book. I knew what I was buying, and spent over two hours going over everything on the boat before I pulled it away from the dealership. They had a delivery checklist that the customer goes through and signs before they leave. I noted a very small tear on the drivers seat and noted it on the delivery sheet. Tracker shipped me a brand new seat to replace it. Tracker, Lowe, and others sell package deals (boat, trailer, accessories, etc) and have a set price. If a buyer desires top-of-the line fittings on their hatch lids, etc, then they should purchase elsewhere. Heresay can sometimes be beneficial, providing a perspective buyer of any product with a heads-up, but one never really knows until they have actually, seen, held, driven, whatever, the product.

I agree. There is always 1 dud in every bunch. Can't judge them all by 1 boat. Especially at a boat show. There must have been alot of people already played with them.

go g3 cant go wrong .100 hull and all welded get the floor plan you want even if it means ordering it ive personnally jumped a 1756 g3 at wide open throttle full hunting load and no problems them boats are tanks

Alright, you got me on the boat show part. I didn't find the quality to be all that great, and short cuts seemed to be taken in certain aspects, but again, it had been pored over by many people, and it very well could be a dud.

Tracker on the other hand, I am basing a fairly good amount of personal experience. But, it is still on all the nitpicky things, and personal preference. I don't like the way that a lot of things on them were done. There is nothing wrong with them doing it that way, I just prefer methods that other manufactures use, and the methods that I use myself on my boats. Nothing wrong with the boat or the dealer as a whole, I just wouldn't want one for my personal use.

I probably went a little too hard on my last post, and didn't give the answer that probably should have been given. Sorry 'bout that. No hard feelings to any of the members on here.

Latest posts