Out board jet for Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundog

Reaction score
I have a 1648 jon . I'm replacing my 1991 40hp Merc for a new 25ezpt merc . will this be under powered :?: . I'm not going down any fast rivers

I'd get atleast a 40/28. If the boat is light and your not haulling a big load the 25hp will make it. If your boat is very heavy at all I'd get a 40/28 or a 60/40. The 25hp will only put out about 18hp at the pump.

Don't you have a 40hp on it now? You won't over power it wiith a 40/28hp or a 60/40 for that matter. As long as it's legal in your state and you can get it insured it wouldn't bother me to put a 50/35 on it. If your boat has much more then a small deck, trolling motor and a couple seats I think you'll be under powered with a 25hp. The 25hp would probably push the boat but if you get a big load( fully decked, couple batteries, trolling motor, couple guys and tackle and the kitchen sink :lol: ) you'll have trouble getting up on plane with it.

Latest posts