Live well additives???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pont

Reaction score
What is everyones favorite live well additive? Rejuvinaide or???? This won't be used for live bait, but for fishing my tournaments. Last year I borrowed a buddies boat to fish the state tournament in and 1 bass died that I know I could have kept alive if I had something like Rejuvinaide.

Anyway, just want to know what everyones thoughts are and why you think that way.

Thanks
Pont

While that stuff it OK, I use Please Release Me myself, you really need to be pro-active, and run the livewell frequently, the more the better in the summer heat, but not so much that bubbles form on the surface, as the oxygen will become trapped in the bubbles, and the fish are worse off. Ice also works wonders, I know a couple of guys that freeze 2 liter bottles and add them to the livewell as the day goes by, but like anything else, be careful to not overdo it, and freeze the fish!

Changing water is paramount as well, catching a fish at 7AM and toting it around in the same water until a 3PM weigh-in is hard on them, imagine sitting in a bath that long, not getting out to go to the bathroom, and having all your friends in there as well. OK, don't think about that...

I also use rejuvinade. but I wait until the end of the day to add it. I keep my live well pumps on all day with a timer ad add ice during the day. then when i am ready to pull my boat I switch the pumps to recirculate and add the rejuvenade.

in a pinch if your fish are not doing well you can add a cap full of peroxide
to your live well it will get the fish moving and help you get them through the weigh in but it can do damage to the slim coat so I only use this as a last resort

Wayne

Latest posts