Need your opinions on a boat for sale

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Is this boat worth it? Can it be saved? Does it fit me? :LOL2:

What would you do to customize it. I really want a rod locker.

https://www.dougrussell.com/Products/index.cfm?fuseaction=ProductDetails&ProductID=110&Category=1&Brand=10

I am just looking, I have too many ideas running around my head for my next boat purchase.

That's a beautiful boat!

... except the cc takes up too much room, you'll hate that and wish it was a sc.

... and that flat bottom has got to go, a deep V will be a much better ride and handle bigger water.

... and you'll hate that welded hull because if it ever cracks they'll have to weld it and scrape the paint off... and then they'll never get the paint to match at the place of the repair and you'll want them to paint the whole boat again and they won't do it... then you'll wish you had a riveted hull.

... and while we're talking about paint, that's just a butt-ugly color... you'll hate that too.

... maybe you should look at some other boats. :LOL2:

Lot of dough for just a hull

At the end of the day it is just a metal hull and there are tons of them out there - the great thing about a tin boat is that the hull is virtually bullet proof - so the engine is where the money should go.

Since you will be spending about 7-12 grand on a motor why not just get a used hull and a new motor?

jigngrub said:
That's a beautiful boat!

... except the cc takes up too much room, you'll hate that and wish it was a sc.

... and that flat bottom has got to go, a deep V will be a much better ride and handle bigger water.

... and you'll hate that welded hull because if it ever cracks they'll have to weld it and scrape the paint off... and then they'll never get the paint to match at the place of the repair and you'll want them to paint the whole boat again and they won't do it... then you'll wish you had a riveted hull.

... and while we're talking about paint, that's just a butt-ugly color... you'll hate that too.

... maybe you should look at some other boats. :LOL2:

Bulldog will be wrapping my next boat! 8) So dont worry about the color.

I agree with the CC.
Captain Ahab said:
Lot of dough for just a hull

At the end of the day it is just a metal hull and there are tons of them out there - the great thing about a tin boat is that the hull is virtually bullet proof - so the engine is where the money should go.

Since you will be spending about 7-12 grand on a motor why not just get a used hull and a new motor?

19 foot boat and trailer included? I know its older, but it is brand new.

Nice looking boat, but I don't see a rod locker and I know that I wouldn't like a cc. If you did put a rod locker in it....would you have room to walk around that side of the cc? Probably not much. That is also, NOT a full flat bottom and will ride the water better than if it were a full flat (like mine). It will also cut through rough water better than mine too. Still....it seems like you're trying to justify it. When I do that, I find it's usually not the right choice.

Nevertheless.....I have to agree with what Ahab said too....

Did I just say that? #-o

Good luck with your decision.

Considering that cost, and the cost of a new motor, I think you would be MUCH, MUCH happier and with a Tracker Pro Team 175. Those boats are MUCH bigger than you would expect, built well, and wouldn't be much more expensive than that boat.

That's a lot of money for a "new" old boat. The 1860s are rated for a 90hp motor and you won't be happy with less. Price one, add that to the 5K for the boat. Check Craigslist and Boat Trader. There are a lot of good 18' tin boats out there for less than $10K, ready to fish.

It looks like a good boat. Low maintenance, durable, ect.
It seems like a decent price to me for a brand new boat and trailer. It's all in what you are going to use it for.
Good luck!

That's a lot of dough for a 9 year old hull and trailer....

If it's everything that you really want, then go for it. If it's not, then keep on shopping.

Latest posts