First post/nice site

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden ghost

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this looks like a great site. I just purchased a 2003 Lowe 1648. I paid $700 for the boat and galvanize trailer, I think it was a great buy. It’s a . I’d like to do two things right away. The first is put a removable anchor winch system on it. This is the plate you mount to attach the system to.
https://www.premiumpowersports.com/Minn-Kota-Powerdrive-Quick-Release-Bracket-p-631.html
I can’t access the under side at the front of the boat so I’m wondering what to do. Is the aluminum strong enough to support the winch? And if so, what type of mollies should I use seeing I can’t access them?
Also, carrying this to the river is quite a chore. I’d like to put two handles on the front just like the back. So where should I purchase them and how should I mount them. Thanks in advance.

golden ghost said:
I can’t access the under side at the front of the boat so I’m wondering what to do. Is the aluminum strong enough to support the winch? And if so, what type of mollies should I use seeing I can’t access them?
Also, carrying this to the river is quite a chore. I’d like to put two handles on the front just like the back. So where should I purchase them and how should I mount them. Thanks in advance.
You could install a 4" deck plate that would allow access to the underside of the seat. The anchor mount and handles
will require a backing plate (wood, metal) since there will be quite a strain on them when under load. Molly fasteners would pull out. Welcome to the site, lotsa good stuff here....Jerry :)
Economy Deck Plate, 4"
Model # 139647 west Marine

Jonboat Jerry said:
golden ghost said:
You could install a 4" deck plate that would allow access to the underside of the seat. The anchor mount and handles
will require a backing plate (wood, metal) since there will be quite a strain on them when under load. Molly fasteners would pull out. Welcome to the site, lotsa good stuff here....Jerry :)
Economy Deck Plate, 4"
Model # 139647 west Marine

Thanks, I don't have a seat so I assume you meas put the access off to the side to access my anchor system? Also, What would you recommend for backing?
Also, I don't think my backing would fit through the 4" hole

Latest posts