My California 12 footer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmounter

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a new member from southern California. I've got an older boat that I have had since 1969, when I bought it new from K mart for under $200. It's made by K-kraft and is a 12 foot long and the transom is about 45 is about wide. It had some tiny pinhole leaks that I fixed by sealing with clear silicone. I am not planning on doing a lot of work on it, maybe just carpet, swivel seats and rod holders and possibly add a depth finder. I plan on trailering this boat, so I'll need a trailer. I'm going to put a rebuilt 1972 4 HP Evinrude outboard motor on it and also a Minn Kota Endura 36 trolling motor. Has anyone ever hear of this boat manufacturer?
boat.jpg

Don't know the name, but I have a 12' 1960ish Seamaid that is almost identical to your boat. I love it. Have fun!

A fellow So Cal boater! I have a 13 1/2 foot Gregor that I use strictly for fresh water and then only in the Sierras. We may take it to Willow Beach on the Colorado River next week if all goes as planned.

As far as a trailer, I bought a brand new one for my fiberglass boat at Trail Rite Boat trailers in Santa Ana. Actually, out of the two that were somewhat nearby, they were the only ones to answer the phone! I got great service from them.

Good luck and happy boating!

Fishmounter.....that looks awfully close to the exact same construction as my '70 Richline 12' boat. There is one more detail I'd like to see, if you would care to show it. At the transom, there's a brace riveted in from the floor to the transom. Care to show us that?
Yours was most likely built by Richline, under contract with K-mart. (K-mart doesn't build anything, they're a retailer.)

Roger

Latest posts