Craigslist Barn Find....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
After searching for a LONG while for a G3 1966, I found one on Craigslist listed as a 2008. Well we got our behinds up this morning at 2:45 and headed towards Atlanta. We were in the sellers area right about 8:30 so I gave him a ring and told him we'd be there shortly. As we followed the Garmin we started through an area of homes that were in a new community with prices starting at $400k. We looked at each other and said WOW. Well down the road a mile we go and head "off the beaten path" down this little one lane private road. These homes were far and away removed from $400k. More like maybe $100k if you push it. We pulled into the driveway which was and OLD home with tractors and harrows about the yard and a new Chevy PU. The old chap came out. A real country boy at 68 years old with a deep southern drawl. We looked over towards his pole barn and could see the trailer and boat covered by the old and dirty pontoon boat cover. We looked at each other and knew what we each thought... a waste of time. The pole barn had his "stuff" everywhere as you'll see in the photos. He and a friend started to pull the cover off and by the time it was half way off, I was speechless. The boat aside from being quite dirty doesn't have a scratch on it. I couldn't believe what I was looking at in the midst of a lot of old tractors and tools. We got to talking and I hoped up in the boat and this thing is HUGE and the motor is immaculate. I pulled off the cowling and you can eat off of it. Turns out there is no hour meter but he kept records. The boat has a whole 17 hours on it.. He ran it for 15 hours, had it serviced and then put another 2 hours on it. He lives 60 miles from the closest lake. After looking at the paperwork he had from the dealership, turns out the boat, engine and trailer are all 2009 models with a 2008 manufacture date. He's also got a Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 Trolling Motor with CoPilot which he put on and has never used. Not sure if it's going to have enough umph as it's a 55 lb thrust 12v unit. No worries, I've got the same unit in the garage sans copilot and it's a 70 lb thrust 24V motor. Either way, I'll sell one of them. All in all, my research shows a value of just over $17,100 and we picked it up for $14,500. Now for a T-Top....

The hard work paid off... last and SURELY not least, a BIG thanks to Jake and his wife Kate. They're truly the nicest folks, you don't run into many folks like them anymore.

Attachments

• frontleftw.jpg
    frontleftw.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 1,783
  • frontrightw.jpg
    frontrightw.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 1,783
  • consolew.jpg
    consolew.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 1,783
  • rear5w.jpg
    rear5w.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 1,783
  • rear3w.jpg
    rear3w.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 1,783
  • rearw.jpg
    rearw.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 1,783
Thank you. I'm an extremely fortunate man. I've got the BEST wife in the world first and for most and for once I got lucky.

Holy Crap!

You got a steal and just had to rub it in our faces :LOL2:

That's a great boat and a great find.

Congrats!

Nah, not rubbing it in yer faces and it was a decent deal but it took me a LOT of looking and as much luck to find it and thanks!

Wow, that boat is beautiful! I love the layout with the flip flop seats, I wish they did that with more models.

The T-top is really going to look and work good on that boat. its nice to have the GPS and radios mounted up high and out of the way. Plus you can get rocket launchers to keep the fishing poles from being in the way in the lower rod holders.

Great find!

Thanks for the compliments and you're right reed, they should do it with more models to keep "stuff" up and out of the way. A T-Top is in my future plans.

Badbagger said:
Thanks, we can't wait to pick it up. Couple of weeks.

Huh! You didn't take it home with you? I hope you don't attract any bottom feeders that go offer the guy a little more $.

BTW, beautiful find.

Thanks Fuzzy, gave him a deposit and with this gentleman I am not worried about him selling it out from under me. My check was cashed today and I've got a signed agreement.

Badbagger said:
Thanks Fuzzy, gave him a deposit and with this gentleman I am not worried about him selling it out from under me. My check was cashed today and I've got a signed agreement.

I had it happen once. I called back to let them know that I was comming to pick it it up, and was told they sold it to a "friend". They did send deposit back.

That sucks A**. Should be heading to pick it up before too long. Waiting one one last piece of my financial puzzle to fall into place aka a bank deposit lol. I don't ever do loans for toys and this one is no different. Should be within 7 to 10 days and headed back to pick it up.

very nice find, sounds like you got the boat you wanted and a good deal.

Thanks. It wasn't ez. We were basically looking for one or two specific boats across the south east and got lucky. Could have taken much longer.

and to all those that tell us we spend to much time of Craigslist......yay ya yay ya yay.
Good for you .what a great find... I have never scored that well but have gotten some pretty good deals with the Craigslist service.
congrats.

Latest posts