my first boat! 1436l new pics 3-30-12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
Picked up my new to me boat. Its a used lowe 1436l thats been customized a little. I dont think the guy before me took it out once because it looks brand new! (Its a 2009) I think Im gonna keep it simple and just mount some swivel seats on it. I have an 8 hp yamaha for it and a little trolling motor that a friend gave me.

Attachments

• new boa 025.JPG
    new boa 025.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,373
  • new boa 026.JPG
    new boa 026.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,372
Thanks everybody! I paid 800 for the boat and 750 for the trailer which is new. The engine is a 1986 which runs very well. The boat has cup holders, oar locks and an anchor lock installed. Also as you can see in the pics, the seats a carpeted and the front seat is extended.

I'm just outside Chicago, in the southwest suburbs.

Does anybody know if I can mount some swivel seats into the plywood only?
I would like to mount some with doing the least amount of drilling.
Are those seat clamps worth it? That's what I'm leaning towards the most.

skysail said:
Does anybody know if I can mount some swivel seats into the plywood only?
I would like to mount some with doing the least amount of drilling.
Are those seat clamps worth it? That's what I'm leaning towards the most.

Clamps have the advantage of not requiring to drill holes to mount, and you can reposition them easily. I went with clamps on mine, but the only problem is they tend to slip if you lean back too far. I plan to trying to secure the clamp to the 2x4 (shown in pic below) for better holding power.
But if I had to do over again, I would probably just go with regular seat mounts to the bench.

Btw, I'm from Chicago too. That's a nice boat. Enjoy!

SDC12743.jpg

SDC12744.jpg

Yup, I think I'm gonna go with the clamp on mount for now.
Another question I have is, do people mostly connect accessories like a fishfinder and lights to their trolling motor battery? is it possible to buy those things with their own batteries so you don't have to run wires?

Yes the g5 is definatly an option, is there anyone with pictures of it besides the homepage?

These mounts are another option. They were around $10.00 each.

Attachments

• Boat Stuff 007.jpg
    Boat Stuff 007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,160
  • Boat Stuff 008.jpg
    Boat Stuff 008.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,160
skysail said:
Yup, I think I'm gonna go with the clamp on mount for now.
Another question I have is, do people mostly connect accessories like a fishfinder and lights to their trolling motor battery? is it possible to buy those things with their own batteries so you don't have to run wires?

My fish finder can run off a internal battery, and I imagine most others can too.
I currently run everything on one deep cycle battery, including fish finder, trolling motor and outboard motor. I don't do much trolling though. I plan to get a second battery for my outboard next season.

You can check out our install video - it is not on our website yet, but will be soon. It gives a pretty good look at the Slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKDXrlz4MM

Thanks,
Mike

MikefromSliderG5 said:
You can check out our install video - it is not on our website yet, but will be soon. It gives a pretty good look at the Slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKDXrlz4MM

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the link! Im probably gonna go that route and order one or two soon. Does it come with the hardware? Will it mount to the plywood only you think?

You can do what I did if you want a FF on a seperate battery from the trolling motor. I bought a 7 amp hour 12 volt that runs my simple Cuda 242 all night long even with the back light on with voltage to spare. I paid a whole 19.00 fun dollars for it at Ace Hardware. It weights just a couple of pounds and is very small and compact. Its the same battery that alarm companys use for auxillary power on security alarms for temp power if power goes out or other wise is cut.

Hey everybody, I finished up my boat today and took it out for the first time today. Everything went pretty smooth except that I definatly need guide ons. Loading the boat back up wasnt pretty. Fish finder works great too. No leaks by the transducer which is what i worried about the most. I think its stable enough to add one of the bass seats on my front deck. Two of us stood and fished no problem.

Latest posts