Ten foot jon boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenCoJared

Reaction score
I was just given a 10' jon boat and was wanting to see some that people here have done. Really I'm interested in jon boats in general, but since I have a ten footer, I'd like to see some if anyone here has done anything like that.

I would imagine it would be pretty tricky to get into decking a tenner...what is the width on her?

Put up some pics and I imagine some people will pipe in with more suggestions. I would probably suggest keeping it quite simple...get some nice seats, maybe put a flat low floor on it for comfort...

I especially want to do something that will help with the rigidity of it. Plus, I need to find out how to use rivet guns and learn whether or not old rivets can be drill out and replaced. Man, so much to learn.

They can be drilled out, but I think grinding off is preferred if you have access to the tools.

If you drill it out, I think you usually have to go to the next size up for replacement rivets...not positive on that, but I am sure someone with rivet experience will pop up. I know Aviaanah is on here fairly often and has experience with rebucking + solid rivets.

If he doesn't pop in and no one else chimes in on it, pay a visit to his build thread and ask him there.

In way of rigidity, how do the sides connect to your benches now?

Benches connect to the sides via rivets. Thanks for the advice on who to go to about riveting.

Latest posts