Where do you put your cooler in your jon??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbr18

Reaction score
Hi I have a 16' v jon with the standard 3 bench setup. I have a wooden front deck and am trying to make some storage below but my cooler sticks up to high. SO where do you have your cooler. any pics would be great. Thanks

Are you talking about a cooler for food/drinks, or for fish? I use mine for fish, in a 1648 mod v with an open floor plan. It sits in the middle fore to aft, and over to the port side. You may be able to cut the deck around in and make it more built-in, or place it in between two of the benches.

If its for fish I would use something else that fits under the deck or that you can trim to fit under the deck, like a plastic tub or storage bin. Of course if you can find a cooler that will fit the bill thats even better.

If it is for drinks and stuff I would get one that fits nicely between the middle seat and front deck or the rear seat and the front deck depending on if your deck goes back to the middle seat. You can slide it left or right depending on where you need the extra weight to make the boat sit level.

Latest posts