hi all new to the board

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larry glady

Reaction score
im thinkin of puting cork floor in the bottom(floor) of my 16ft Sea Nymph bare aluim floor now i want to build it up a 1/2 inch so the water in the boat will flow to the transom right now water lays inbetween each rib there r no limber holes to allow flow to the rear can buy 1/4inch thick cork and laminate any one try before cork is light and will bouyance prob use epoxy , thanx Larry

Hey Larry..... Welcome to TinBoats! Happy to have you here.

I can't really give you any advice on the cork flooring as I'm not familiar with the material. The cork that I'm somewhat familiar with is very soft and could hold/absorb water. THAT...you want to avoid for sure.

Hang tight...I'm sure you'll get more and better answers soon.

Welcome to the forums.

I have not heard of anyone using cork...what kind of cork are you talking about? indoor flooring cork?

i'm thinking cork used as underlay for floors it comes in rolls 1/4 inch thick light weight water resistent epoxied should seal and not absorb???

ahhh....I know what you mean...odd idea.

I would suggest getting a sample first and doing some testing on it.

I don't know how well it would take the epoxy.

If you are planning on covering it....I used the blue 1 inch (I think) foam from the hardware store. I covered my floor in aluminum too....It worked very well.

Do not use this foam near any gas or gas spill areas. The gas will eat it up.

no I dont want to cover the floor& yes the gas will eat the blue foam. maybe i'll just paint it up and forget about it, wish i could post pics maybe glue the cork down and paint with bedliner or something, thanx for lookin

I think pictures would definitely help...I don't think I am the only one confused by what you are trying to accomplish...

exactly melty only need about 1/2 inch rise& ribs r about 8inchs apart even the drain plug in off the floor at the transom about an inch is there a place that tells u how to post pics here somewhere?

larry glady said:
exactly melty only need about 1/2 inch rise& ribs r about 8inchs apart even the drain plug in off the floor at the transom about an inch is there a place that tells u how to post pics here somewhere?

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664

I finally got the pictures up. check them out and see what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,863
  • IMG_1070 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1070 - Copy.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,863
Grizzly grip is about as thick as bed liner type paint. Heres a picture of my boat it has two coats of the fine grizzly grip on it.

Attachments

• Slide157.JPG
    Slide157.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 401
  • Close-up grizzly grip.JPG
    Close-up grizzly grip.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 401

Latest posts